Michael A. Santangelo
- New Brunswick, NJ 08901
PDF Version for Downloading
- Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
- B.A. in Mathematics, Dec. 2007
- B.S. in Information Technology and Informatics, Dec. 2010
- Management of Technical Organizations
- Database Technology
- Java Programming
- Object Oriented Programming
- Network Technology
- Web Authoring
- Scientific & Technical Writing
- Information Security
- Information Visualization
- Linear Optimization
- Web Design
School District of the Chathams – Technology Specialist
- Repair (or replace, as necessary) damaged computer equipment and components.
- Troubleshoot software and hardware issues for Desktops, Laptops, Netbooks, Chromebooks, Apple-devices, and some cellular phones.
- Develop and maintain in-district websites (a Local Content Server, several Database Servers).
- Test, Evaluate, and Deploy in-district application servers (Web Help Desk, ZenDesk, RT).
- Handle deliveries and un-box yearly equipment deliveries (in most cases over 150 computers) in a timely fashion.
- Prepare, Post, and Deliver auctions of old computer equipment and supplies to GovDeals.
- Test and maintain phone lines for SRT.
- Mark-out underground Fiber during call-outs via OneCall service.
- Maintain and deploy Faronics solutions (Faronics Core, Faronics Power Save).
New Brunswick, NJ
Rutgers University O.I.T. – Lab Supervisor
- Manage a group of 10 Consultants and 8 Assistant Lab Supervisors.
- Responsible for development, updating, and maintaining two database-driven web applications
- Perform troubleshooting on over 100 devices, including Macs, PCs, Scanners, Projectors, and Printers.
- Act as intermediary between Lab Manager and Assistant Lab Supervisors.
- Assist with planning of new lab spaces for future expansion.
- Map and create tours of lab spaces for press releases for technology showcase.
Assistant Lab Supervisor
Rutgers University O.I.T. – Assistant Lab Supervisor
- Designed a cleaning schedule to ensure lab equipment was clean and in working order.
- Assisted patrons with account problems including password changes, mail problems, and quota issues.
- Performed software troubleshooting in Mac OSX, Windows, and UNIX environments.
- Trained consultants on lab operations and provided training on extra topics beyond lab responsibilities.
- Conducted evaluations for Lab Consultants to ensure they were performing properly.
- Promotion to Lab Supervisor, January 2007.
Seasonal I.T. Assistant
Milltown School District – Seasonal Intern
- Assisted with summer I.T. upgrades.
- Assisted with transition of machines to a new domain due to server upgrades.
- Installed and tested VOIP phones in 2 different buildings.
- Installed, imaged, and tested new desktop hardware.
- Wired patch panels into switches and hubs to ensure connectivity.
New Brunswick, NJ
Rutgers University O.I.T. – Lab Consultant
- Assisted patrons with basic computer problems.
- Cleaned computers as part of assigned shift duties.
- Ensured lab was always stocked with proper supplies.
- Promotion to Assistant Lab Supervisor, July 2005.