This is probably the absolute best slow-cooker chicken recipe I have ever had, and I’m reproducing it here for you all and for record keeping purposes. It was moist & tender, flavorful, and just all-around delicious.
- ~3.5 Lbs of Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (Uncooked Weight)
- 2 16-Ounce Containers of Spike’s Black Bean & Corn Salsa
- 1 Packet of Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix, Mild or Hot (I used Hot!)
- 1/3 Cup Water
And that’s it.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning on chicken breasts.
- Place one container of salsa in slow cooker.
- Place chicken on top of salsa.
- Pour second container of salsa on top of chicken.
- Add water.
- Stir to mix.
- Cook on low, at least 4 hours, no more than 6 hours (I did 6 hours).
6 Servings: Approximately 183 Grams of Chicken and 200 Grams of Salsa/Liquid
Each serving: Approximately 420 Calories.
Shred the chicken. Spread it on top of a whole-wheat burrito wrap. Place salsa and liquid on top of chicken. Shred ~1 Oz Cheddar Cheese on top of chicken and salsa. Wrap burrito, and place seam-side down on a hot skillet. Cook for approximately a minute. Flip and cook on other side for approximately a minute. Serve with sour cream, if desired. Calories (without sour cream): approximately 700.
This was delicious.
10/10, would make again.